返回列表 回復 發帖

[現埸討論] 傑里·韋斯特說熱火可以很容易地破紀錄!

Los Angeles Lakers legend Jerry West thinks one of the most thought-to-be untouchable records in sports could “easily” be broken.

West told reporters Thursday that he thinks the Miami Heat have an “incredible chance” of breaking the 1971-72 Lakers’ record of 33 consecutive victories, a team on which West played. After Wednesday night’s comeback victory in Cleveland pushed their streak to 24, the Heat need 10 more victories to break the Lakers record.

“Honestly, I think they’ve got an incredible chance to do it,” West said, according to The Los Angeles Times. “I really do. And people say to me, ‘Does it bother you?’ Absolutely not. I think it’s great for the league and I’m delighted obviously for my friend Pat Riley to be able to maybe replicate this not only as an executive but as a player. It’s pretty special.

“If they would break it, my gosh, I think it would be a wonderful story. I have no problem with that.”

West, who is now an executive with the Golden State Warriors, compared it to records like Joe DiMaggio’s 56-game hitting streak or the Miami Dolphins’ undefeated season being threatened.

“I think this is what makes sports so intriguing,” he said, according to ESPN. “Is a number out there — DiMaggio’s 56-game hitting streak. Will anyone ever do that? Football, the Dolphins, undefeated. A lot of people don’t think those things are possible. Well, they are possible, particularly in basketball. I think you get a real unique team, and Miami has a unique team.”

真的大機會!

返回列表