返回列表 回復 發帖
Any kind of work is ok. Funny thing is that you earn more when doing lower level of work. 1# 宙宇
Thanks a lot !!!
去加州,.中国人多個白人,任何公作都有,只怕你唔做,上chineseinla.com
做超市咯  担担抬抬  卖菜      来 美国系崖驴子架啦  冇得你简  你都3张几野啦
本帖最後由 sunny94111 於 2014-2-18 01:36 AM 編輯

I never live in NY, but many Chinese don't speak fluent English in CA. try to get into fields which don't require it at the beginning (e.g. IT, dental assistance, radiation tech). you can get into the fields by taking some short training classes (1~2 years). You will still need good English when you want promotion, but it takes time to learn and you'll have time to learn vs working in a supermarket or restaurant for 12 hours everyday.   

Restaurant job (I did it when I first came to the US 15 years ago) is good for two reasons: it makes you want to find a better job and it is a quick way to make $$$
If you've time and $$$, try to get a Master degree which will increase your chances to find a better job.
搵的同人接觸既工作,就會學得快...
來自高達之國
不錯
不建议你过去~~建议送你儿子去哪里读书就好了~~
I really think you shouldn't go. In US, you won't be hungry, but if you need to give up something in HK, don't do that. You have a child
I don't think language is such a barrier, plus your english isn't that bad either. However I do think it is about opportunity. It really depends on how much you can take and to give for adopting a new environment. However though, I think overall the rages in North America are quite high. Keep in mind though things do cost more here in North America. If you were to go to school you could still work at a restaurant to support your living until you done school, I don't think getting a job is that hard (if you're not asking for a lot). This is what most immigrants / new comers face when they first landed in US/Canada. They might not always get the job / salary they used to have back in their home country. These are things you should consider and be prepared if you were to move to US.

If you are not too sure about what to do yet, why not wait for another year or so? I honestly don't think sending your son to the states at the age of 2 or 5 makes such a difference. Kids sure get use to new place a lot better than adults.

As for living, I don't think $1500 can get you a nice 2 bedrooms in NYC. I don't live in BYC so I'm not 100% sure. However, say for here in Toronto, living in the core of downtown in a 2 bedrooms condo costs over CAD$1600 for a decent one. Therefore I'm assuming it will be more expensive to live in NYC (?!). I'm sure if you are to live in MYC you would want yourself and your family to live in a safe environment (no offense but nyc does feel very unsecured for me..), so I'm not too sure if the $1500 will do the job...

Overall just keep in mind that once you gave up your job / statues in Hong Kong, You may never get them back even if you do decide to go back. The work environment is very competitive in HK. It might be an illusion for me (personally) but I do think younger people in Hong Kong get more opportunities. Anyway good luck to you and give yourself and your family a bit more time to think before having to give up anything!
restaurant is the only choice
去NEW YORK唔錯啊,其實每個地區都有唔同LV既工種或工作,總會搵到既,我朋友係三番市個邊住都係咁做,如果唔係咁得英文既話,咪去多華人既地區,外國大把
US has very high unemployment rate at this time, there will be a big chance you won't find the same management level job you currently have, if you don't speak ok English, it's not easy to find a similar job or level in US at this time.  Your son is only 2 years old, why not spend 2 years to improve your English first, and save up some $ to spend for the time while you are unemployed, well prepare, then go?  I'm sure pre-school & kinder garden in US is not difficult to catch up at all if you already give some basic education to your son in the coming 2 years.  Also you may have to prepare to pay for car, car insurance, maybe obamacare (because you may not able to get health care from gov't for the first 5 year if you are immigrant).  Even you may not need to speak good English within Asian area, but it maybe better chance to get a better job if you can speak & write English.  Good luck.
welcome to walgreen
返回列表