返回列表 回復 發帖

Fabregas: No regrets over Real Madrid snub

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas insists he has no regrets about turning his back on a potential move to Real Madrid this summer to continue at the Emirates Stadium.

The Spain international has long been linked with a move to the Bernabeu and Fabregas revealed he had spoken with Real president Ramon Calderon and sporting director Predrag Mijatovic during the close season.

However, Fabregas snubbed a possible return to his homeland to remain with the Gunners, with whom he signed an eight-year contract extension last season, and the 20-year-old is happy with the choice he made.

'The truth is that I will always be grateful for it (the interest from Real). They said what they had to say and in the end I decided, for good or for bad, to remain with Arsenal,' Fabregas told Radio Marca.

'We shall see what happens in the future, but now I am going 100% with the decision which I have taken.'

The former Barcelona youth product, who also dismissed suggestions he has a verbal agreement with Real to join them after this season, added: 'I believe that there are certain opportunities in life and that, at times, you need to take them.

'But I have always said that I have confidence in my possibilities. I know that I am still very young. I know that if I continue working hard, and have luck in avoiding injuries, I have many years ahead of me.

'If I give the best I can and continue working, these opportunities can come back round,' he said.

'I decided to remain (at Arsenal), for my own reasons, and the truth is that I am going to go to live for the rest of my life with the decision I took, along with my family.

'In the future I do not know what is going to happen, but I am very happy with the decision I took.'

thks for sharing......u r so good......

回復第 1 帖由 bernardlhtan 所發的帖子

:onion18: Any how, He still a Spanish-man, I believe he will going back to his Own Country Club in one day and just a timely matter........But remember, Arsenal are not the "ONE-MAN" club.......not like Liverpool...where very much depending on Steven Gerrard.... But i would just be a bit of Disappointed if this Young Talent leave Arsenal next season........By then, he should have very appreciate to Wenger where given him so much of changes to perform....
返回列表