返回列表 回復 發帖

[旅遊心得] Anyone like to live in Sydney Australia

Please share, anywhere can rent a house for a family of 4.
You new arrival?  Been here before?
A little green earthling, living life as if there were no tomorrow.
Don't just rent anywhere, especially when you have young family.  I can give you some suggestions, but there are a few consideration, like do you work in the City?  How old are your children etc.  Its important to find the right place, usually there is a 12 months lease on rental.
本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2011-6-9 01:00 PM 編輯

It's probably not a good idea to talk about your family at a public forum like this, if you haven't decided on where to stay yet, here are some suggestions:
The lower northshore is both quiet and convenient, suburbs like Woolstoncraft, St. Leonard and Atarmon.  For a 2/3 bedroom apartment, you are looking at mid $600 for the weekly rental; yes, it seems a bit expensive, but if you check on the price of real estate there, it's hardly more than a 3% return.  The main consideration is schooling for your children, security and convenience.  The rental could be 20% higher than the cheaper suburbs, but take it as an investment for the children's up bringing.
Others might think I am a bit snobbish, but I think it's important to choose a nice suburb to live, you will be spending a lot of time there, it's money well spent.
St. Leonard and Atarmon are good places! Tranquil and not many people.
You also need to think whether u wanna live in an apartment or a house, it would make a tremendous difference!!

Some places in northern part are also good, like Chastwood. It is a nice place to live, thou the rent can be quite high...so you may wanna consider North Ryde or Epping.

If you wanna live in places with lots of Chinese, take Hurstville and Eastwood into consideration.

Hope these help =]
Burwood, Chastwood, Eastwood are a bit like HK, Chinese like living in the wood.
Some people call Chastwood Chinawood, (it's actually a bit derogatory.), they once called Cherybrook Chinabrook too.
本帖最後由 huit 於 2011-6-9 10:57 PM 編輯

Chatswood's great for shopping but becoming a pain to drive into, and unless you can't drive, I wouldn't recommend living in Chatties, and some areas near Pac Hwy and the train station can get dodgy at night

If the Lower North Shore is a bit of a stretch money wise, consider areas like Ryde, North Ryde, Meadowbank, Rhodes etc, all along train lines.

I used to live in Cherrybrook more than 20 years ago and even then it had a reputation. Only Hongkies and Taiwanese and SE Asians back in those good ol' days though, now there's Chinamen everywhere (another reason to avoid Chatties as a place to live), also if finances allow, I'd also avoid the Inner West like Burwood, Ashfield etc... Ashfield is Little Shanghai, good for dumplings, but to live there? Haha

It's only after working in the West and seeing bogans, blacks, dirty Viets, towelheads and Lebs that you appreciate you have it good on the North Shore. Spoilt North Shore brat and proud, not moving anywhere (not even the Eastern Suburbs even if I had the money!)

Gotta love this forum, imagine saying this shit on an Aussie-based forum and not get banned :)
Aaargh! huit, you are such a little shitty racist.
Guilty as charged!
You guys forgot the toll you have to pay each time when you travel from the North to the city and wasting your time in traffic crossing the harbour. I prefer the South-Eastern suburbs such as Randwick, Kensington and Kingsford, near Uni. of NSW, Randwick race course, Prince of Wales hospital and beaches. You have access to Chinese supermarkets and restaurants. Buses to the city directly and distance only 7 to 8 km, no toll if you drive only 15 to 20 minutes to the city. If you can not afford, then move further to Maroubra, Chifley and Malabar.
Ha ha! Before you gave the suggestion, you forgot to ask   triple8 come for settle down or for study only.
Ha ha! Before you gave the suggestion, you forgot to ask   triple8 come for settle down or for study only.
大啦叭 發表於 2011-6-10 08:22 AM
well he DID mention "family of 4"
You guys forgot the toll you have to pay each time when you travel from the North to the city and wasting your time in traffic crossing the harbour. I prefer the South-Eastern suburbs such as Randwick ...
ivyyee 發表於 2011-6-10 12:44 AM
Mate you have any idea how high the crime rate is in Randwick/Kensington? I went to UNSW and break-ins, robbery etc are RAMPANT down there cos the thieves know overseas students have money and struggle with English so have trouble reporting to the police. As for going into the city from the North, if I worked in the city I'd just take ShittyRail, or the new red MetroBus (which are actually quite good) - in fact, who would drive into the city to work on a weekday anyway? Unless you're a fatcat with your own parking space at work. And there's not much traffic on weekends.
well he DID mention "family of 4"
huit 發表於 2011-6-10 08:37 AM
So, it is for 2years term or settle down. If for 2 years term, he has to find one it close to his shop.
Aaargh! huit, you are such a little shitty racist.
Guilty as charged!
huit, since you pleaded guilty, now you are my buddy again

What about we let our new friends in on some rednect vocabs:

1.  Bacteria:  The back door of the cafeteria.
2.  Colic: A sheep dog.
3.  Dilate: to live long.
4.  Impotent:  Distinguished, well known.
5.  Nitrates:  Cheaper than day rates.
6.  Pelvis:  Second cousin of Elvis.
7.  Tablet:  A small table.
8.  Terminal illness:  Getting sick at the airport.
9.  Urine:  Opposite of you're out.
100. Varicose:  Near by.
返回列表