返回列表 回復 發帖

Jamie Carragher has spoken of his desperation to hold the Premier League trophy

Carra admits he would be heartbroken if he never got the chance to parade the famous trophy in front of the current Kop.

For his dream to come true, Liverpool need to win the league before the new stadium opens on Stanley Park in 2010.

"It would be nice to bring the title back to Anfield at least once more before we leave," the 29-year-old told LFC Magazine. "It was the place we brought the first one to, and it would be fitting if Stevie held it aloft there before we go.

"When I talk to fans on the street when I'm out and about, that's the one they say they'd dearly love to see at Anfield in May.

"I don't know about priority but we'd love to win it this season – but I'd also love to win the FA Cup, Carling Cup and European Cup as well."

As for Liverpool's chances this time around, Carra believes the club couldn't have done much more to strengthen in the summer.

"We had a good squad of players here last season and the manager's brought in five or six more talented lads to add a bit more depth. That's great news – and I'm glad none of them have been in my position!

"The board have backed him off the pitch, and now it's down to us to back him off it."
返回列表