返回列表 回復 發帖

TORRES HAPPY TO BE A HAT-TRICK HERO

Fernando Torres today reflected on his first hat-trick in a Liverpool shirt and declared: "I hope there will be plenty more to come."

The Spanish striker was the star of the show as the Reds came out on top in a six goal thriller at the Madejski Stadium to secure their place in the fourth round of the Carling Cup.

After being rested for the weekend clash with Birmingham the club's record signing made an immediate impact on his return, netting three times within 36 second half minutes to kill off the challenge of Steve Coppell's men.

"I am really happy and I hope that there will be plenty more goals to come," he told his official website. "My aim is to help my team to do well in all competitions. What I achieved against Reading was special, but it was a team effort and the most important thing is that we are now in the next round of the Cup.

"At the start of the game I could never have imagined that I would score three goals. It was a tough match, with strong marking, but the key to our victory was finding open spaces, and also the quality of the final ball from Leto, Riise and Gerrard.

"If I had to choose a favourite, it would be my second goal of the night, I think that it was the best of the three. For my first goal, I managed to get in front of the defender before sliding the ball across the keeper into the far corner. Riise picked me out in the box for my second, and the credit for the third goal should go to Gerrard, who put me clean through with only the keeper to beat."

And Torres is now hoping the victory over Reading will act as a confidence booster for the squad after three consecutive draws.

"We all realise that we have let slip some points in our last two games and that we cannot continue to do this if we want to be in the fight for the title," he added.

按此加入爱与诚王国            
返回列表