返回列表 回復 發帖

clay soil

anybody knows how to fix a clay soil lawn?
有草覆蓋的泥土的確很難改善,我見過有人將整塊草坪清起,再用新12吋topsoil換去舊泥,好大工程
真匿名
i heard gypsum treatment is the common cure for the clay soil lawn, just apply it to your lawn the same way as a fertilizer and be watered after application. you can get it from the store like Home Depot and it's cheap.

評分次數

• chowold2

難為正邪定分界
Garden lime usually use to sweeten the soil (soil acidity is reduced and alkalinity increased).
And the clay soils or alkaline soils is high in pH. If adding more lime to the clay soil will only make it worst. The best way to make improvement to the clay soil is adding more sand and organic compost to it.
真匿名
thanks all, but i have a limited choice because i am living in Switzerland and here we have nothing like gypsum or garden lime for sales for gardening. SUCKS! Anyway,

starting the coming spring i will put some compost and topsoil on top see what happen. keep you all update.

If you already have an existing lawn, you will need to apply organic matter by a process called top dressing.  Top dressing is generally performed once or maybe twice a year in some cases. When topdressing you apply a thin layer of organic matter over your grass. Applying a layer of 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick usually works best depending on the mowed height of the grass. Up to 1 inch may work for grasses maintained at 3 or more inches. If you completely cover the grass with compost photosynthesis may be hindered and the grass will suffer. It is usually a temporary affect.
真匿名
返回列表