返回列表 回復 發帖

JPP 'gutted' by sacking

Setantasports.com blogger and France legend Jean-Pierre Papin has reacted for the first time to his sacking from Lens.
The former world class striker's first experience as a top flight manager proved to be a total failure, as the Blood and Golden have been relegated following an awful season in Ligue 1.
The tactician has revealed that he fonud Lens had parted company with him when reading a popular national daily but he would have preferred to have been told the bad news face to face by president Gervais Martel, as he was ready to complete his contract.
"I realised I was removed from my job when I read L'Equipe a few days earlier, we talked about it with Gervais and he told me that staying was an option," Papin said.
"To my mind, I though I would stay in charge."
Daniel Leclercq was appointed as Papin's manager after a series of terrible results, and the head coach reckons he should not have accepted the partnership, as he totally lost his power to make decisions.
"I really regret to have accepted to work with him," Papin commented.
"I had asked Martel to take [Jacques] Santini to help me, and he re-called Leclerc, who had the absolute power.
"I should have refused all that. I feel like I have been Lens' assistant coach for five months.
"We were two in the same boat but they just sacked one of us: Me.
"The one who took the decisions from January hid himself.
"It is hard to accept. I help Strasbourg go up and I am sacked.
"I go down with Lens and it's the same. From now on many things will change for me."
返回列表