返回列表 回復 發帖

Brooking: Fabio Cap-tures Ron ethos

Sir Trevor Brooking, the director of football development at The FA, says he sees parallels between current England coach Fabio Capello and former Three Lions boss Ron Greenwood.
Greenwood managed the national side from 1977-1982 and was widely regarded as the leading light in terms of thinking managers.
The former Chelsea and Fulham defender also helped develop West Ham’s famous football academy, and former Hammer Brooking has seen many similarities between Greenwood and Capello.
“Fabio’s been very good so far,” said Brooking in the Daily Express.  “He’s found the whole system quite intriguing.  He was surprised at the slow progress at first, but he has certain traits of Ron Greenwood.
“When I was a youngster they kept asking us questions.  Ron’s whole philosophy was: ‘What would you do?  Where would you play the ball?’.  And we had to decide.
“Ron always said to me: ‘If you snap your fingers and shut your eyes, you should be able to tell me where everyone is within 40 yards’.  And I could.
“All the habits I learnt as a youngster are there with Fabio.
“The fact is that we’re not developing English players in that way and there is no philosophy of quality coaches in the younger age groups.
“We know exactly what Fabio thinks is needed to play in the top level of English football and now we’re trying to convey that message to some of the decision makers.
“The team are progressing, the players are doing what we want them to do.”
返回列表