返回列表 回復 發帖

Cech delighted with new five-year deal

GUANGZHOU: Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech expressed delight yesterday after signing a new five-year deal that will keep him with the club until 2013.
“I’m really happy with the fact that I can stay at Chelsea for many more years,” said the Czech international.
It's a deal: Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech (left) answering a question from the media as captain John Terry looks on during a presss conference in Guangzhou yesterday. Cech has signed a new five-year deal with Chelsea. - AFP
“During my first years at Chelsea I had a fantastic time with support from people at the club, my team-mates and the fans. I’m really happy that I can still be a part of this great club.”
Cech, 26, who is here on a pre-season tour, has kept 90 clean sheets in 166 appearances for Chelsea since arriving in 2004.
He said he was hoping to banish memories of Euro 2008, when his slip allowed Turkey to rally from two goals down to reach the quarter-finals.
“Mistakes can happen to everyone,” Cech said. “It’s important to get over it and keep working harder and harder – that’s why I’m here.”
Chief executive Peter Kenyon hailed the new contract, which comes as speculation swirls over striker Didier Drogba and midfielder Frank Lampard.
“We are delighted. Petr is one of – if not the best – goalkeeper in the world, and to have him sign another five-year commitment to Chelsea is great news for everyone,” Kenyon said.
返回列表