返回列表 回復 發帖

[主機板] Please advice on the following pc spec?

I am trying to get some one to build a pc? (cheapest)I need some help on the following specification:
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K $227
Mobo: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 $179
RAM: G.Skill-NT 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1333 $43
HDD: Samsung EcoGreen F4 2TB $85
GPU1: 1GB AMD Radeon HD6950 $229
Case: Coolermaster HAF912 Advanced $102
PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus ST75F-P 750W $145
ODD: DVD burner $20
CPU HSF: Coolermaster Universal Hyper 212+ $32
Peripherals: [ Sidewinder X4 / Logitech MX518  ] ???

price is only estimated price.
Any good advice?
Samsung EcoGreen F4 5,400rpm, 不宜 OS 用效能低
Consider to use any decent SATA3 SSD hard drive as primary OS drive so as to make use of the Smart Cache feature of Z68 chipset. Keep the 2TB as data drive.
If you use a SSD as the SRT, would it have a short life. SSD has limited number of write cycle. To use a SSD to install the OS would boost the performance by quite a bit. But what size and what price? e.g. SATAIII one are ~200+ but a kingston SATA2, 64G is ~100.
Any advice?
Would you spend the ~150 on a SSD or upgrade it to i7 2600K
To be honest both the SSD and HDD (mechanical) are working together as a special Hybird drive under Intel Smart Response technology, the hard drive and SSD must be set up in RAID before you install Windows. The process is not really documented with most Z68 motherboard. Here is a link to the latest version http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/chpsts/imsm.
Link to documentation http://download.intel.com/suppor ... logy_user_guide.pdf
BTW, I would stick with the Core i5 2500k and OC to 4+GHz instead of getting an expensive i7 2600k. Once to get to that level of CPU speed the bottleneck shall be somewhere else such as the I/O (hard-drive) and RAM speed, your HD6950 is good enough compare to the rest of your listed components. May be you shall consider buying faster RAM (1600 to 1800) for better OC result.
Save the CPU upgrade money and get a nice SSD.  If you intend to use Intel Smart Response on your Z68 mobo, your SSD and 2TB HDD will be RAID together as one logical drive.  I suppose a fast 64GB SATA III SSD shall be fine. Of course a 120GB is even better :)
got it nailed today. stick with i5 2500k
changes:
mobo: asus p8z68 vlx
ram: skill ripjaw 1600 8g
psu: antec neo 620
vga: powrer color 6950 2g
hd: seagate 1T

including win7 64 premium, and assembly for less than $1100. (run out of cash on SSD, and have to salvage old drives to beef up storage) This store is same price including assembly against a mail order shop that has all the original parts. Pick up next Tue.

Q: should I try to upgrade the bios of the 6950 to 6970?

I am a bit unsure on SRT, it does reduce the boot time drastically. But using SSD as cache instead of boot os. It just go against the logic.

It is my first time on 64 win os, how much trouble am I asking? I only know that it was pretty bad up to vista. win 7???
美金單位?
返回列表