返回列表 回復 發帖
種瓜需要授粉, wilsonbe兄 如果見蜜蜂數量不多; 需要人工授粉才會多結果.

感覺這種瓜光看葉已經很好看.
wilson兄, 我沒有實際授粉經驗, 只知道要從雄花中取得花粉送到雌花的蕊上.

首要是先知道雄花及雌花的分別.

這一個確定是雌花, 1樓最後一張照片未知是雄花還是未開放的雌花(放大看; 後者的機會較高)

雄花的花蕊應該是這樣的:

棉花棒家家必備比較方便. 不過, 在網上找到教學是將整個雄蕊摘下...

I always go out the afternoon beforehand and tape shut the flowers due to open the following morning. The main challenge with this is to recognize those flowers, as a prematurely taped flower will simply abort. The general rule I follow is that I can tape flowers after 2:30 PM up until dark.

Most varieties "yellow up" the day before. A few varieties hardly "yellow up" until the night before. But once I get to know a variety it isn't difficult to recognize the ones I need to tape shut. Notice in the above picture that there are both mature male and a female blossoms as well as some immature blossoms of both sexes. If you accidentally tape a flower not ready to open, just remove the tape in the morning. It will probably be okay.

Next I tape shut at least one male and one female blossom, due to open the next morning. If you can use more than one male flower that’s great.

I prefer to use masking tape, about 1 3/4 ". When I tape the flower, in preparation for hand pollination, I try to tape it shut a little closer to the tip of the flower, so I can remove it (and possibly a bit of the petals when I do) and still have plenty of material to work with when I reseal the flower after hand pollination. When I reseal it, if there is any doubt about the integrity of the flower (as in having any rips in it), I use extra masking tape to cover that part of the flower, always folding it around the flower (forming a cone shape with it) with care not to damage what remains. I never let the tape stick to the immature fruit as well as the flower, as I believe this might provoke an abortion of the fruit.

The following morning I usually go out at dawn. I believe I read somewhere that you can do this as late as 10:00 AM, but I always do my squash pollinations at first light.

I pick a male flower and pull off the tape, petals and all, leaving just a stem and the stamen (male part of the flower) covered with mature pollen. Notice in the above picture how I use a convenient squash leaf to set the stamen while I work on the female flower. (Notice how I can set down the prepared male flower, with petals removed, on a handy "leaf shelf."

After preparing the stamen, I unseal the female flower. Usually I do this by pulling the tape straight off the end of the flower. Then I use the stamen, attached to the stem, like a paint brush to coat the pistol, of the previously sealed female blossom.

After this I reseal the female blossom using fresh masking tape. Note: If you have a healthy population of bees, you may have to work quickly and stay alert to wave them off as they try to get into your blossoms. A bee can cause pollen contamination by getting into either the male or female blossom.

Here’s the finished hand pollination. It is important to remember that not all immature fruit will mature, not even under the best of conditions. So, it’s best to do a number of hand pollinations and not trust that one will do. You’ll know that a hand pollination took when you see the immature squash, on the end of the female flower, start growing.

附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件
wilson兄, 越長越茂盛, 其實這裡共有多小株呢? 想知道38粒種子最後的發芽率.
希望好天氣持續, 快點有收成.
不是38粒,而是8粒新鮮瓜核,只有2棵成功,25%,幸好2棵己經2至3meter闊,我想信大約九月尾十月初便收成
因隔離埠仔今年十月廿號南瓜節,比誰最大重,往年都有幾百kg重一個,有機會便拍相給大家分享! ...
wilsonbe 發表於 2013-8-29 10:44 PM
伸延至2-3米...想種的話要先計劃好騰出一個地方.
期待wilson兄再更新.
本帖最後由 vandas 於 2013-9-7 12:45 PM 編輯
...今天授粉每天第一件事就是查看要不要授粉每天見它長大,真是樂趣無窮!
wilsonbe 發表於 2013-9-6 06:40 PM
樓主是勤勞的小蜜蜂.
我們光看也覺開心.
點解瓜不能貼地或泥?
dororo 發表於 2013-9-8 05:30 PM
只知道2個原因:
泥土有蟲, 貼地增加了被蟲咬的機會
泥土濕潤寄易令瓜腐爛
有錯; 請樓主指正.
建議剪去部份葉子令植株多疏氣避免更多果實因潮濕而腐爛.
這就是我的收成,最大的那個有3.69kg,共十一個25763212576322
wilsonbe 發表於 2013-10-20 11:20 PM
真替Wilson兄高慶. 取得一次經驗, 明年便可先在室內起苗, 到天氣回暖、穩定隨即移植爭取更多時間, 相信明年的收成更豐裕.
返回列表