返回列表 回復 發帖
Don't think its sweet corn, with broad leaves like that, really tricky.
A little green earthling, living life as if there were no tomorrow.
There is a little story about sweet corn I would like to share:

Many years ago now, I had to fly from Chicago to Iowa city.  There was only this tiny twin engine plane available to take passengers.  About 12 - 16 at the most.  The good thing about flying in this plan is you get to sit on both the aisle and window seat; why? because there were only two rows of seats, one on each side of the plane, no choice, but best of both world.  I don't remember if there were any toilet facility though.  A very friendly pilot and copilot too.

The plane flies pretty low compare to the normal jet plane.  At about 40 minutes before reaching the Iowa City, I could see literally hundreds and hundreds of acres of sweet corn field.  The plane was flying so low, I could see the people, the little farm barns, and the actual corn cobs.  I had never seen so many corn in my life.

That's a lot of corns to eat.  I believe a good portion of them are being canned, used for corn sirup and for producing biodiesel.  It was mid July, the fields were absolutely lush green; and it was monoculture in a grand scale.
[color]
A little green earthling, living life as if there were no tomorrow.
返回列表