返回列表 回復 發帖

點點星塵

山月桂 Mountain Laurel

學名:Kalmia latifolia

杜鵑花科 Ericaceae 山月桂屬 Kalmia

常綠灌木,生長在加拿大魁北克以南,一直到佛羅裡達州的地區,往西生長於路易士安那州和印地安納州一帶。

高度1-6公尺,葉呈卵形。喜半陰及濕潤土壤,較耐寒。玫瑰色、粉紅色或白色的花朵在枝頂大批成簇開放。是美麗的觀花樹種。

春末在山裡開成一片花海,每一朵花有一枚大蕊,十枚小蕊。小蕊的花藥先是連在花瓣上,花絲像彈簧一樣地繃著。 等到花粉成熟了,花藥就脫離花瓣,花絲把花藥裡的花粉彈到大蕊的柱頭,是一個非常有趣的傳粉受精的例子。

山月桂有很多花色,這是另一種

附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件
They are really like stars. Colors are beautiful as well!
Hi hkgorchid,
I don't remember seeing much of the Mountain Laurel here in Australia,  or I might have missed them.  Have you seen them here?

Really crazy weather here where I am, the last two days were the hottest 2 consecutive days in September on record 30 and 32 C.; yet today we are back to the lovely 22 C., absolutely beautiful day, nice breeze, clear blue sky.

I took your advice to prune the roses about 10 weeks ago.  Now they all have new and very healthy growth and some with lots of new flower buds too.
Here are a few of the sneak preview:

A little green earthling, living life as if there were no tomorrow.
本帖最後由 hkgorchid 於 2014-10-1 11:42 AM 編輯
Hi hkgorchid,
I don't remember seeing much of the Mountain Laurel here in Australia,  or I might have missed them.  Have you seen them here?

Really crazy weather here where I am, the last two days we ...
norman.ho 發表於 2014-10-1 09:54 AM
Hi norman.ho, I'm currently living in California, United States & I never saw or heard about the Mountain Laurel before. The weather is entirely different between Australia & United States & I'm so glad that your roses are blooming and be remembering to have enough plant foods as well as mulching for them! Within few months it's my turn to prune my roses & that will be another year!!
本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2014-10-1 12:34 PM 編輯

4# hkgorchid
Oops! I thought we both live in Australia.  But, whatever, we belong to this same little planet.
I've been to LA several times.  I find the our weather to be pretty similar.
The first time when I was there, I went to the local supermarket; I saw lots of cherries and mangoes.
The first thing that came to my mine was ... it must be nearly Christmas!
It was early July!
We only get cherries and mangoes in early December to late January here.
One thing I agree very much with your president;
when he talked about the climate change,
he said: "We are the first generation to experience it, and we are the last generation who can do anything about it."
So True!  
4# hkgorchid
Oops! I thought we both live in Australia.  But, whatever, we belong to this same little planet.
I've been to LA several times.  I find the our weather to be pretty similar.
The first t ...
norman.ho 發表於 2014-10-1 12:33 PM
Not exactly! Your country is the beginning of Autumn then Summer where ours is the ending of Autumn then Winter. Leaves are started to falling & turning yellow now!
6# hkgorchid
Quite true, typically Australia is always back to front, upside down ;), and the Government's climate policy is quite contradictory.
What I meant was of the same season, the climate condition between LA and Sydney is quite similar.
Thank you so much for your kind sharing
資料豐富,優美可觀,值得學習你的雅樂.
返回列表