返回列表 回復 發帖

[硬碟] Hard Disk Transfer rate

Can any one share some information on internal hard disk transfer rate and  speed relation?

Thanks in advance
It depend on your connection and your Hard Disk....

Connection: IDE / SATA / SATAII
Hard Disk: 7,200 / 5,400 , if for 500GB Hard Disk... is 1 disk or 2 disks inside... 16MB Ram  / 32MB Ram .....
2# whittymok

Thanks for your reply but I think its not the answer I want.
Data transfer rate

As of 2008, a typical 7200rpm desktop hard drive has a sustained "disk-to-buffer" data transfer rate of about 70 megabytes per second.[44] This rate depends on the track location, so it will be highest for data on the outer tracks (where there are more data sectors) and lower toward the inner tracks (where there are fewer data sectors); and is generally somewhat higher for 10,000rpm drives. A current widely-used standard for the "buffer-to-computer" interface is 3.0 Gbit/s SATA, which can send about 300 megabyte/s from the buffer to the computer, and thus is still comfortably ahead of today's disk-to-buffer transfer rates. Data transfer rate (read/write) can be measured by writing a large file to disk using special file generator tools, then reading back the file. Transfer rate can be influenced by file system fragmentation and the layout of the files.

sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_disk_drive#Data_transfer_rate
2# whittymok  

Thanks for your reply but I think its not the answer I want.
cat14051 發表於 2010-1-23 06:55 PM
Sorry about that I can't be help... being too many factors will affect the "answer".

Hope about C Hing answer as you need.

Enjoy!!
4# miaoichi

Great, Thanks a lot.
5# whittymok

Never mind, thanks
just get the 10000 rmp hd and run disk degragmenter every month
返回列表